Tilt-up Construction, or Tilt Wall Construction, is a building method that allows large scale concrete buildings to be built quickly on site. In a tilt-up project, the building walls are poured directly on top of the floor slab in large sections, called panels. These panels are then picked up by a crane, tilted vertically, and set in place around the building.
This construction method can be used in a wide variety of buildings, and offers owners a lot of benefits, both during construction, and for the life of the building.
TILT-UP CONSTRUCTION BENEFITS
- Fire resistive benefits of concrete
- Security benefits of concrete walls
- Low Maintenance and less small repairs
- Cost competetative building type
- Superior Durability and Longevity
- Shortened construction schedule
FORM AND POUR THE WALL PANELS ON TOP OF THE FLOOR SLAB
LIFT AND SET THE PANELS
EXAMPLES OF COMPLETED TILT-UP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS